Employee Work/Life Balance Support System
We have set the period between now and June 2020 as the 4th phase of our targets to promote utilization of an institution for the support of work and childcare(nursing care) balance, provision of employment environment and improvement way of working. To archive those targets, we have enacted measures that are the promotion of reviewing way of working and an institution for the support of work and childcare(nursing care) balance.
Systems currently beyond stipulated by the law
- 1) System to use during pregnancy
- ・Mitigation on working during pregnancy (paid)
- ・Revival of expired annual paid leave days
- 2)System to use during time of birth
- ・ Spouse maternity leave
- 3)System to use during childcare/nursing care
- ・Childcare leave
- ・System for requesting a specific department to be reinstated
- ・Childcare leave period (paid)
- ・System for selecting dates for childcare/nursing care leave, reduced-hour work days, and holidays
- ・Discounts on babysitter services
- ・Re-employment of retirees based on childcare/nursing care related reasons
General employer action plan (4th phase) based on the Next Generation Education and Support Promotion Act
Human Resources Development Initiatives
We are also implementing an educational rotating system that periodically rotate staff between various departments, business areas, and regions, allowing them to widen their horizons and to strengthen their adaptability. Through a variety of workshops, we are working to introduce a competency and ability based career progress system.
Administration DivisionIn addition to the rotating system, PARCO is working hard to support our employees’ capacity for development through providing a wide range of training and learning opportunities.
2015 training implementation
- 1) New employees
- Induction training (e-learning, training trips), pre-assignment training (approximately two months), follow-up training
- Young mid-level employees
- Business skills training, tutor training (for new employee training), industry placement training, business school support, support for attending external public seminars
- 3) Other
- Department-specific skills training, management training, compliance training, market inspection training, e-learning/distance learning, financial reward for obtaining qualifications/paid examination fees
Promoting dynamic participation of women
At PARCO CO., LTD., we promote participation by women through a variety of initiatives. We recognize that encouraging shorter working hours by promoting the use of paid leave and improving the percentage of women in managerial positions will go far in helping to resolve issues pertaining to female participation. Together with enacting measures to encourage taking leave, we formulated an action plan in response to the Advancement of Women Act that includes cultivating female managerial candidates, providing opportunities for boosting the career consciousness of young female employees, and creating a workplace more conducive for employees with time constraints.
With respect to the annual average number of days of paid leave taken, we are aiming for 10 days by fiscal 2020, compared to five days in fiscal 2014. In parallel, we are striving to have women make up 20% or more of managers in fiscal 2020, versus 11% as of March 2015.
Action plan based on the Advancement of Women Act
PARCO takes active part in and shares information from cross-industry consortiums and other projects focused on work and female career education and work-life balance.
For employees with time constraints because of childrearing and other reasons, PARCO is providing both an office environment and related systems that enable work from home, and is promoting more effective usage of working hours.